During the closed beta test in global, players were greeted with a single 5* pull immediately upon entering the game.
If the full launch follows this pattern, then rerolling for your first 5* becomes extremely easy.
How To Reroll Fast in Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent #
It takes about a minute to roll for the first guaranteed 5* unit. If you don’t get what you want, go to the Title Screen > Options > Delete account. Works on both Android/iOS.
If you do get what you want, proceed to the next step where it’ll take ~10mins before you get to pull your first 10x.
5* Starter Reroll Unit Tier List #
There are 8 jobs in this game, and we get to immediately roll for 1 of 8 possible 5* unit. Please note, this tier list is subjective and can change if global decides to modify a character’s kit. With that said all 5* units are useful and offer important weapon/elemental attacks that are necessary for different content.
Elemental advantage in this game could be 2.5x damage! Break is 2x damage.
Having a variety of units with different elements is key to clearing difficult content.
- Lynette (Dancer): amazing buffer, debuffer, breaker and fire DPS. 9.5/10.
- Primrose (Dancer): amazing buffer, dark dmg dealer, and breaker. 9.4/10.
- Viola (Thief): amazing debuffer, multi-hit attacker. 9/10.
- Fiore (Warrior): amazing selfish physical DPS. 8.8/10.
- Tressa (Merchant): evasion tank with high DPS. 8.2/10 (will be in permanent banner soon).
- Gilderoy (Merchant): the strongest tank, soaks up damage like a boss. 8/10.
- Sofia (Scholar): amazing ice damage, absolute massive SP pool. 8/10.
- Theo (Apothecary): supporter with massive healing, regen and status cure. 8/10.
- Heathcote (Thief): best/most versatile breaker, decent damage. 7.5/10 (will be in permanent banner soon).
- Scarecrow (Hunter): another “best” breaker, decent damage. 7/10.
- Millard (Cleric): massive healing, little damage. 6/10.
View the top 4 star units to use during launch day.
And here’s a list of the top 3 star units.
Unit Reviews #
* Data taken from Character Index
- Front row and single ally physical and elemental ATK up buffs
- Can debuff enemy’s elemental DEF and Fire Res
- 1-star passive can buff entire party
- Huge SP pool to dish out skills
- Has the highest elemental ATK, her fire skills are going to HURT
- Strongest buffer for the longest time, still used in end game team comps in JP
- Strong Fan and Fire breaker (break enemies quickly with multi-hit attacks)
I made an even more in-depth review of Lynette here.
- 4 skills that can multi-hit, allowing you to break enemies faster
- Can debuff enemy Physical ATK/DEF, Elemental ATK/DEF, and extend duration of stats debuffs of team
- Very high ATK stats with the highest Speed stat
- Best debuffer in the game for a long time
- Is still used in end game team comps in JP
- Strong Dagger and Fire breaker
- Has the highest physical ATK stat, and her 1-star passive and initial skill boost it even more
- Respectable HP (3rd highest) and physical DEF (3rd highest) stats
- One man (woman) army DPS unit that can hit like a truck
- Selfish, doesn’t offer much to the party aside from 5-star skill that can debuff enemy physical DEF
- Strong Sword breaker, weak Dark breaker
Want to learn who she synergizes the best with? Read my in-depth review of Fiore here.
- Surprise drop by Octopath Global, jack of many trades but master of none
- She’s an evasive tank with self heal and above average physical and elemental damage
- Her slow Speed can be a problem – 3* passive won’t proc unless she has full HP on her turn, so pair her up with Regen
- Can provide front row with atk buff
- Strong Spear breaker, decent Wind breaker
- Gigachad tank with AOE taunt, and plenty of self buff physical DEF and elemental DEF
- Can counter physical attacks, synergizes with his taunt skill
- Has the highest HP and 2nd highest physical DEF stat
- Rock bottom speed, but that’s fine because he’ll be taunting and countering
- Has a chance to paralyze all enemies for 2 turns
- Strong Lightning breaker, decent Spear breaker
- Strongest Ice DPS that can debuff enemies to allow her to deal more damage
- 2nd highest elemental ATK stat, just behind Lynette
- 1-star passive reduces SP costs by 50%, useful if you can maintain her HP with the help of tanks that taunt or regen
- However, she already has the highest SP stats, so she doesn’t need to save SP. Might be useful in battles of attrition.
- Strong Ice breaker, weak Tome breaker
- Gives front row HP regen and can cure status ailments, pretty key to sustaining team
- Only unit that can recover extra BP automatically
- Has the highest physical DEF and 2nd highest HP
- Strong Axe breaker, weak Lightning breaker
- Overshadowed almost immediately by the next 5* Hunter (H’aanit) gacha banner
- Selfish DPS that wishes he could do more damage
- Has the highest multi-hit skills (4 hits!); best Wind and Bow breaker
- Strong healer with front row heal and front row elemental DEF buff
- Can single target regen and DEF buff ally
- Has the highest elemental DEF stat
- Worst breaker, no multi-hit skills, pretty low damage
Click here to view a list of top 4 star units to use during launch day.
Full Great Tree's Tears Map for Octopath Traveler: Champions of...
Full Amphitheatre Backstage Map for Octopath Traveler: Champions of the...
Kouren's best skills, team comps, and why mathematically he can...
Full South Cragspear Pass Map for Octopath Traveler: Champions of...