Players are greeted with a single 5* pull immediately upon entering the game. We call these units, the COTC 8.
How To Reroll Fast in Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent
It takes about a minute to roll for the first guaranteed 5* unit. If you don’t get what you want, go to the Title Screen > Options > Delete account. Works on both Android/iOS.
If you do get what you want, proceed to the next step where it’ll take ~10mins before you get to pull your first 10x.
5* Starter Reroll Unit Tier List #
There are 8 jobs in this game, and we get to immediately roll for 1 of 8 possible 5* unit.
- Viola (Thief): best debuffer, multi-hit attacker. 9.2/10.
- supporter with massive healing, regen and status cure.
- Gilderoy (Merchant): the strongest tank, soaks up damage like a boss. 8/10.
- Scarecrow (Hunter): one of the best breaker, decent damage. 7/10.
- Millard (Cleric): massive healing, little damage. 6/10.
View the top 4 star units to use during launch day.
And here’s a list of the top 3 star units.
Unit Reviews #
* Data taken from Character Index
- Front row and single ally physical and elemental ATK up buffs
- Can debuff enemy’s elemental DEF and Fire Res
- 1-star passive can buff entire party
- Huge SP pool to dish out skills
- Has the highest elemental ATK, her fire skills are going to HURT
- Strongest buffer for the longest time, still used in end game team comps in JP
- Strong Fan and Fire breaker (break enemies quickly with multi-hit attacks)
I made an even more in-depth review of Lynette here.
- 4 skills that can multi-hit, allowing you to break enemies faster
- Can debuff enemy Physical ATK/DEF, Elemental ATK/DEF, and extend duration of stats debuffs of team
- Very high ATK stats with the highest Speed stat
- Best debuffer in the game for a long time
- Is still used in end game team comps in JP
- Strong Dagger and Fire breaker
- Has one of the highest physical ATK stat, and her 1-star passive and initial skill boost it even more
- Respectable HP (3rd highest) and physical DEF (3rd highest) stats
- One man (woman) army DPS unit that can hit like a truck
- Selfish, doesn’t offer much to the party aside from 5-star skill that can debuff enemy physical DEF
- Strong Sword breaker, weak Dark breaker
Want to learn who she synergizes the best with? Read my in-depth review of Fiore here.
- Gigachad tank with AOE taunt, and plenty of self buff physical DEF and elemental DEF
- Can counter physical attacks, synergizes with his taunt skill
- Has the highest HP and 2nd highest physical DEF stat
- Rock bottom speed, but that’s fine because he’ll be taunting and countering
- Has a chance to paralyze all enemies for 2 turns
- Strong Lightning breaker, decent Spear breaker
- Strongest Ice DPS that can debuff enemies to allow her to deal more damage
- One of the highest elemental ATK stat, behind Lynette
- 1-star passive reduces SP costs by 50%, useful if you can maintain her HP with the help of tanks that taunt or regen
- However, she already has the highest SP stats, so she doesn’t need to save SP. Might be useful in battles of attrition.
- Strong Ice breaker, weak Tome breaker
- Gives front row HP regen and can cure status ailments, pretty key to sustaining team
- Only unit that can recover extra BP automatically
- Has the highest physical DEF and 2nd highest HP
- Strong Axe breaker, weak Lightning breaker
- Overshadowed almost immediately by the next 5* Hunter (H’aanit) gacha banner
- Selfish DPS that wishes he could do more damage
- Has the highest multi-hit skills (4 hits!); best Wind and Bow breaker
- Strong healer with front row heal and front row elemental DEF buff
- Can single target regen and DEF buff ally
- Has the highest elemental DEF stat
- Worst breaker, no multi-hit skills, pretty low damage
Click here to view a list of top 4 star units to use during launch day.
List of recruitable allies for Octopath Traveler: Champions of the...
Tier list database for every unit in Octopath Traveler: Champions...
Contains the data of all enemies, drop rates and quantities...
Here are the best 3 star units to use in...