Last Updated on April 18, 2023 by Meow
It seems like I say this every cup, but Largo is by far the hardest Arena cup to date.
Whereas the completion rate for Yan Long is around 50% for active players in JP, Largo’s at ~30%.
Largo has 53% more HP than Yan Long.
Weakness Cheat Sheet #
Bleed teams will be crying even harder because the Ads in this fight are almost all immune to it.
Full Largo Guide #
Credit Wigglytuff on the COTC Fan Discord.
- Normally, PDEF and EDEF from armor is “almost” useless and armor grade is what matters. But Largo inflicts Poison and Bleed, which gets mitigated largely by your PDEF/EDEF.
- Equip your best armor, Origin or higher.
- Varies, but for nukers, you want Berserk IV for Phys DPS units that have above 3.5k health; Origin IV for everyone else.
Largo’s Battle Mechanic
- Can inflict Poison, Bleed, and Paralysis
- Click here to view his action pattern
- His speed is 374, and this remains unchanged until you reach wave 4 or when HP is below 25%.
- Make sure your DPS have 375+ SPD. If using two healers, have one healer faster and one slower than Largo.
- DO use King Chomper Vest (+38 Speed), as SPD is way more important than PDEF/EDEF
- Information is a little unclear, but when
- Largo hits 25% HP OR
- One of his ads from Wave 4 dies
- He enters Berserk mode where he acts 3 times per turn
- There’s some confusion with how this works if you skip Ad thresholds, but something to keep in mind (and avoid)
- Every so often, he’ll charge up his Ult, which is a Single Target Lightning Nuke that will probably kill you without some debuffs on him and some buffs on you
Largo’s Ads Mechanics
- 4 different waves
- Wave 1: start of the battle
- Wave 2: summoned when Largo is at 85% HP
- Wave 3: 65% HP
- Wave 4: 45% HP
- The ads more or less do the same thing as Largo: hit you and hit you hard
- The bottom ad will cover Largo immediately the turn it’s summoned, preventing you from shaving shields on Largo.
- However, Largo can still get hit by status moves (e.g. Anti Attack)
- Cover doesn’t apply starting from the action after the bottom ad is broken. This means that it’ll still cover if the first hit of a multi hit AOE breaks it.
- There might be a 1 turn gap between Largo coming out of break and summoning ad wave. I’d have to watch more videos of clears to be sure.
- Cardona taunting onto Ophilia using her Magic Attack dodge can cheese Largo’s Ult.
- There’s some funny behavior with Largo simultaneously hitting below 25% and the threshold for Wave 4, but I’m not too sure.
How to deal with the Ads?
- Funny quirk about Largo: if you skip an HP threshold, he’ll summon the wave for the skipped threshold at the start of a turn and then kill it at the end of the turn
- So you can kind of choose which waves you want to deal with: 1 and 3, or 1, 2, and 4
- 1 and 3 is the recommendation, as each wave has a shared weakness (Wave 1: Ice/Lightning, Wave 3: Wind)
Approaches to this fight:
- 1 break:
- Kill Wave 1, shave Largo shields while getting him down to as close as 85% HP as possible, break, nuke him in 1 break – nuke cycle
- Needs a ton of high powered units
- 2 break:
- Kill Wave 1, shave Largo shields while getting him down to as close to 85% HP as possible, break, nuke, nuke below 65% HP, Kill Wave 3, shave Largo shields down while getting him down to as close to 45% HP as possible, break, nuke, nuke the rest of his HP there
- A lot more accessible
- 3+ break
- Hard to think of because it means you’re probably dealing with Wave 4 of ads, which is where the fight gets very difficult
- We’ll try to come up with something for this once the fight comes out
Approaches to Teambuilding
- Generally, you’ll want:
- 3 nukers of a single damage type (Dagger/Ice/Bow)
- 4 nukers if you mix and match damage types
- 1, preferably 2 Regen casters
- 1 burst healer
- 1 extendable Anti Attacker
- Another Anti Attacker (extendable or not)
- An offensive buffer
- A defensive buffer
- One unit can fill multiple roles at once! Ophilia can be a Regen caster, a burst healer, and a defensive buffer all in one
Top Units #
So you’ll want to have DPS from one damage type (Dagger, Ice or Bow) to maximize damage and reduce the amount of buff/debuff management.
For Ice teams, you absolutely need to have Cyrus, Sofia and Aslyte. Lianna is optional.
Dagger teams are quite flexible, several great options. Bow teams as well.
Global Video Guides #
I wanted to share some resources by our amazing COTC EN Content creators.
This one by Dreamt is really well made and goes in-depth into the enemy’s turn-by-turn action.